Thursday, August 28, 2008

More Convention Activities


Wednesday was such a great night filled with anticipation, uncertainty and excitement. Even though Hillary Clinton had released her delegates and she voted for Obama herself, it was still uncertain how many people would vote for her. But her Nomination Acclamation really brought the party together. And it was such an exciting way that it turned out with her appearing with the New York delegation.
It's on to Thursday now and already I have had three radio interviews, one on Howard Monroe's show in Wheeling, one with Jean Dean in Huntington and Erik and I were on MetroNews with Hoppy Kercheval on Talkline.









Here we preparing to talk to Hoppy Kercheval with MetroNews Talkline. He was been stationed on Radio Row interviewing both state and national figures.



Hoppy interviewing Tom Vogel who was the Executive Director of the State Democratic Party and now the State Director for the Obama/Biden Campaign in West Virginia. There will be 22 people hired in West Virginia to work on the campaign. There will also be several offices open state wide for the presidential campaign.
Also with Tom is Wood County Democratic Executive Chairman Walt Auvil.
Hoppy is interviewing ABC Radio's Ann Compton. I met Ann and was on a story with her when I was an intern at ABC News in London during the summer of 1991. She didn't remember me and really didn't seem interested only to say that I had a good memory. I didn't even get a chance to tell her that I was running for Secretary of State. Oh well, I guess I won't be getting her vote!

No comments: